Dastageer Legal Aid Center - Sanjog
Sanjog has established a Legal Aid Center named “Dastageer” for three vulnerable groups of population i.e religious minorities, survivors of GBV and person with disabilities. The catchment area of this center is the district of Lahore. The project is implemented with the financial assistance of The Asia Foundation. Insaaf Network Pakistan, PILER and Rozan are providing their assistance on technical side for the proper implementation of this project.
The goal of the project is to “Improve Access to Justice and human rights through the provision of efficient, cost effective legal assistance and protection for vulnerable populations”.
The specific objectives are:
- To develop and implement a multi pronged public awareness campaign that increases citizens’ knowledge of the law, which protect their fundamental freedoms.
- To provide legal services to those whose rights have been violated.
Following services are being provided:
- 24/7 Toll free help line for telephonic counseling (Help line Number : 0800-58888)
- Free legal aid and victim assistance.
- Facilitating clients to access law.
- Face to face and telephonic counseling.
- Assist victims through Referral services